The summers are around the corner, and the heat has already started to roll in. The time has arrived when you need to stock up on matcha tea to try various recipes. Talking about matcha tea recipes, here are seven types of Matcha Iced Tea & Smoothies for summers worth giving a try. These recipes are easy to make and won’t take much of your time. So what are you waiting for?
Get ready to sip on some refreshing Matcha Iced Tea beverages!
1 – Matcha Latte Iced Tea
This summer, try this healthy and trendy Matcha Latte Iced Tea. It is a delicious and fresh drink, which is super easy to prepare.
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons of warm water (no warmer than 80 degrees!)
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Vanilla syrup
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Strain the matcha powder over a separate bowl. Make sure there are no more lumps in it.
- Mix the matcha with the warm water and mix well.
- If you want to add vanilla syrup, then now is the time to do so.
- Add 2 scoops of vanilla syrup and mix everything.
- Then add the milk and stir.
- Add a straw, and you’re all set to enjoy your delicious Matcha Latte Iced Tea.
2 – Mint Matcha Iced Tea
Mint Matcha Iced Tea is a perfect drink for hot summer days. Experience the vitalising effect of Matcha tea as an ice-cold variant!
- 1000 ml of water or mineral water
- 2 limes (pressed into juice)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- Agave syrup (depending on taste)
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint (leaves torn off)
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- 4 teaspoons Matcha powder
- First, you have to boil some water and add the matcha powder.
- Boil it until you get a thick tea pulp.
- Set the tea pulp in the fridge to cool.
- Cut 1 lime into slices and squeeze the juice from the other lime.
- Now put the water in a carafe and carefully add the cooled matcha tea pulp.
- Finally, add the ice cubes, mint and lime slices to the matcha iced tea in the carafe.
- Garnish the glasses with the remaining mint leaves and the lime slices.
- The delicious Mint Matcha Iced Tea is ready. Serve the refreshing cold drink with straws.
3 – Matcha Ice Tea With Orange Juice
This is a wonderful recipe for matcha ice tea lovers. It’s super healthy, full of antioxidants, and after drinking it, you are completely “zen” again.
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 150 ml cold water
- Squeeze an orange, and set it aside for a moment.
- Putting ice cubes, matcha powder and cold water in a “shaker”.
- Shake well until the matcha is completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes to a glass.
- Then pour the green tea together with the orange juice into it.
- Your matcha iced tea with orange juice is ready. Decorate it with a slice of orange and serve it fresh.
4 – Apricot Smoothie with Matcha Green Tea
There’s nothing like a glass of smoothie with apricot and matcha tea to regain energy. Go try the recipe out now!
- 3 tablespoons of greek yoghourt
- 1 white peach
- 4 ripe apricots
- 10 cl of water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp matcha tea powder
- Pit the apricots and peaches without peeling them.
- Cut them into large pieces.
- Place them in your mixer’s jar.
- Add yoghurt, ice cubes, water and sugar.
- Mix everything carefully.
- Pour the smoothie into large glasses.
- Garnish them with a little matcha green tea.
- Delicious Matcha Tea Apricot Smoothie is ready to serve. You can add extra ice cubes and cherries to enhance the taste.
5 – Matcha Banana Smoothie
Tired of having regular banana shakes? Try Matcha Banana Smoothie and give your body relief from hot summers.
- 1 banana
- 1 plain yoghurt
- 125 ml cow’s milk (hazelnut or almond)
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 measuring spoon of matcha tea
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (honey or agave syrup)
- 1 strawberry for decoration
- Take a blender.
- Add milk, ice cubes and banana pieces.
- Blend everything for 30 seconds.
- Then add an ice cube, honey and matcha powder.
- Run the grinder for another 30 seconds until your mixture is thick.
- Then transfer your smoothie to a glass.
- Add 1 chopped strawberry to the smoothie to give a little colour!
- To recharge your body in the summers, try this Banana and Matcha Smoothie!
6 – Matcha Tea Detox Smoothie
Our body utilises most energy in summers. Therefore, giving your body a detox diet will keep you healthy throughout the summer. Drink this refreshing matcha tea detox smoothie, and have an energic day ahead.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea
- 65 g cottage cheese
- 250 ml skim milk
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Ice cubes
- Use a fork to peel and crush the banana.
- Blend it in a blender with cottage cheese, milk, matcha tea and sugar.
- Transfer the smoothie to the glasses.
- Add the ice cubes to it.
- That’s it! Your matcha tea detox smoothie is ready to drink. For extra flavour and decoration, you can add berries!
7 – Matcha and Strawberry Smoothie
Ever tried strawberry and matcha green tea together? It tastes better than having them along. So here’s the recipe for Matcha and Strawberry Smoothie to give your body a cooling effect.
- 3 bananas
- 200 ml almond juice
- 2 tablespoons of matcha tea
- 200 g strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- Peel, and cut the bananas into slices.
- Put these slices in a glass filled with matcha tea and almond juice.
- Stir everything properly until your almond juice and matcha is mixed fine.
- Rinse, dry, and cut strawberries into small slices.
- Add them to the smoothie.
- Your matcha and strawberry smoothie is ready to serve. Decorate with poppy seeds before serving.
With these matcha drinks, your summers are going to be refreshing and cool. Make sure you try these recipes and let us know your experience. Happy summers!