Are you craving something crispy and spicy? If yes, then you must try Gochujang Sesame noodles. Whether you want to satisfy your midnight hunger or wish to surprise your buddies with your cooking skills, you can make these yummy noodles anytime without the need to spend hours in the kitchen.
Don’t worry! You need not be a professional home cook or chef to make these delicious and mouth-watering noodles. All you need is a few basic ingredients, your chef hat, and a bit of creativity to master the recipe for these Korean-inspired noodles.
In this detailed blog, we have discussed the overview, ingredients, and recipes for Gochujang Sesame Noodles.
An Overview of Gochujang Sesame Noodles
Who can say no to a bowl of spicy, crispy, and saucy Korean-inspired gochujang noodles? These tasty and spicy noodles have become one of the most popular midnight staples. The best thing about these noodles is that you can make them to your taste. Whether you want to use fresh or dried ramen, udon or dried spaghetti, there are many possibilities to make this easy-peasy Korean dish.
Not a big fan of bok choy? No worries! Replace it with choy sum, broccolini, or any of your favorite green and crisp vegetables. Spicy noodles loaded with garlic, gochujang, soy sauce, tahini paste, and a few other ingredients make a perfect lunch or dinner meal.
How to Make Gochujang Sesame Noodles at Home
Some of the recipes to make delicious Gochujang noodles are discussed below. So, before your mouth starts watering, let’s get started.
To make the first recipe for Gochujang noodles, all you need is the following ingredients
- Fresh or dried wheat noodles like udon or ramen
- Kosher salt
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- Chopped broccoli rabe
- Chopped garlic
- Black pepper
- Basil leaves
- Sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
Follow a few steps to prepare a perfect bowl of Gochujang noodles.
- Boil noodles in salted water.
- Once boiled, drain the excess water and rinse noodles under cold running water
- Mix all the ingredients, including gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, tahini, and sesame oil with 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl until combined properly
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over a medium to high flame
- Add garlic and broccoli rabe and season them with salt and pepper
- Cook until broccoli rabe gets crisp-tender
- Add soy sauce and cook at least for 2 minutes or until thickened slightly
- Add noodles and basil and toss gently
- Place the noodles in a bowl and top with sesame seeds and some basil
- Serve noodles hot with lime wedges
- Dry noodles like udon or wheat
- Green scallions
- Sesame oil
- High-heat oil like avocado oil
- Tahini paste
- Rice vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Soft-boiled eggs
- Baby bok choy
- Boil your noodles in a large pot of water
- When the noodles are cooked, drain the excess water and rinse noodles under cold running water
- Mix gochugaru, garlic, scallions, sesame oil, and gochujang paste in a bowl until combined together
- Heat the avocado oil in a saucepan over a low flame and pour it over the ingredients
- Put the tahini, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce
- Instantly add the noodles to the sauce and toss to combine
- Serve the noodles topped with soft-boiled eggs and steamed bok choy
If you want to spice up the noodles, just increase the amount of gochujang in the sauce.
Tips to Make the Best Gochujang Sesame Noodles
Gochujang Sesame Noodles is a famous Korean dish that is loved by many. To make scrumptious, flavorful, and textured Gochujang noodles, follow a few tips.
- From broccoli rabe to scallions and garlic, using fresh ingredients is the key to making delicious Gochujang noodles and enjoying the best flavor and texture.
- The sauce is the key ingredient that can make the dish stand out. Therefore, make sure to mix gochujang paste, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic, and other ingredients properly to make a flavorful sauce.
- Cook the veggies and other ingredients properly until tender and crispy. Also, season your ingredients with salt and pepper.
- You can even add mushrooms and tofu to enjoy the vegan version of noodles.
- Use udon or soba noodles for the best results.
Needless to mention, gochujang sesame noodles are seriously an ideal savory, chewy, and comforting Korean dish. These noodles offer a perfect blend of flavors that can satisfy your taste buds. You can try any recipe and enjoy having delicious noodles with your buddies and family.