Breakfasts are one of the most essential meals of the day. However, in the overpacked and busy life, we hardly get time to cook and make healthy breakfasts. Especially, weekday mornings tend to be early and rushed. Therefore, it makes sense to cook quick yet delicious breakfast options like easy freezer waffles. Yes, you read that right!
Call it freezer waffles or frozen waffles, these are one of the best and easiest homemade breakfast ideas that are both tasty and nutritious. Are you searching for the best recipe to make easy freezer waffles? If yes, keep reading the blog till the end.
In this detailed blog, we have mentioned an overview, ingredients, recipe, and more about freezer waffles.
So, before your mouth starts watering, let’s get started.
An Overview of Freezer Waffles
Waffles are a popular type of breakfast meal made using a list of ingredients, including eggs, milk, flour, butter, baking powder, and more. Waffles can be sweet or savory, depending on your taste and choice.
You can serve them with toppings like syrup, whipped cream, or fruit. One of the best things about waffles is that you can freeze or store them for later use.
Whether you are a single or a working mom, freezer waffles are one of the finest, most convenient, and time-saving breakfast ideas for busy mornings. Freezer waffles give you the flexibility to make waffles ahead of time and store them in the freezer for later use, thereby saving you from the hassle of making waffles from scratch every day.
They are easy-to-make scrumptious meal options for all those lazy brats or for those who don’t have time to cook breakfast every morning. You need not be a professional chef or an expert home cook to make waffles. All you need is some ingredients and a little creativity to make waffles. So, let’s begin.
How to Make Easy Freezer Waffles
There are different ways to make freezer waffles without the need to spend hours in the kitchen. One such easy recipe is discussed below.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Oil or butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl
- Add egg yolk, milk, and oil to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients until merged well
- The next step is to use an electric mixer to whip the egg white on high speed until stiff peaks form
- Now gently fold the egg white into the batter until blended completely
- Scoop a batter onto heated waffle iron and cook until light brown
- When cooked completely, place each waffle on a cooling rack
- When all the waffles are cooled properly, place them in a freezer bag
You can reheat the frozen waffles in the toaster or toaster oven until they are hot and crispy. You can serve the waffles with fruits of your choice or maple syrup for a quick and tasty breakfast. If you want to turn them into a dessert treat, add some chocolate sauce, Nutella, berry sauce, or whipped cream.
Whether on weekdays or weekends, these easy freezer waffles are a real treat for any day.
However, it is important to let the waffles cool down to room temperature before transferring them to a freezer bag. Also, some other points to consider are listed below.
- Lay waffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or waxed paper
- Freeze waffles for a minimum of 2 hours until solid
- Put them in a reusable freezer bag and toast directly from the freezer as required
How to Reheat Frozen Waffles
There are many ways to reheat frozen waffles. However, the most recommended and quickest way is to use the toaster. All you need to do is heat and toast the waffle on a low-heat toaster until it’s crispy on the outside. Apart from the toaster method, you can use
- Microwave: Just microwave the waffle until it gets a little softened but it should not be fully soft and definitely isn’t hot. Then, quickly toast the waffle on low heat.
- Oven: One of the most effective practices to reheat your frozen waffles is to use an oven. Wrap the waffle in foil and place it in the oven at 425 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes depending on the type of waffle whether flat or a Belgium waffle. Serve the waffles crispy and hot.
Hopefully, now you have an idea of how to prepare easy freezer waffles. So, what are you thinking of? Try the recipe and enjoy having the delicious waffles with your nears and dears.
Happy Cooking Day!